Being able to write SEO friendly articles helps to solve the main problem of every website: to be found by search engines.
A site, even if structurally flawless and graphically convincing, is of little use if nobody visits it.
- How to make it more visible?
- How to make Google notice it?
- How to “climb the rankings”?
In this article we will analyze all the aspects necessary on How to write SEO friendly blog posts, we will see how to set up the texts and we will discover which tools to use for choosing, analyzing and monitoring the keywords to be inserted.
Before proceeding, however, it is necessary to make a brief introduction to better understand the importance of a correct positioning within them.
How do search engines work?
A search engine works thanks to the use of programs called Spiders that run continuously between the network in search of content.
When a spider reaches a page, it analyzes it from top to bottom and tries to extract the “keywords” that summarize the entire text.
For each page read, the URL and each link within it is stored.
This causes the software to create a “world wide web” that contains every link to every existing web page.
When a user performs a search within Google or any other engine, the list of results that presumably best satisfy that search is returned.
But how to provide spiders with the information we want without leaving anything to chance?
The time has come to talk about optimizing our page.
To better understand how to correctly execute this procedure we can divide the activities to be carried out in seven steps.
How to write SEO friendly articles or blog posts
The first aspect to take into consideration concerns the keywords, the ones that each user types when searching in Google.
To understand which keywords to point to we need to ask Google WHAT people look for. The software to be used for this purpose is Google Keyword Planner, but there are many other free or paid software on the web that serves the same purpose.
Thanks to the Keyword analysis we can:
- Discover search volumes for certain keywords.
- Understand which words generate the most competition among those that interest us.
- Find the right combination, also thanks to the suggestions that AdWords gives us, to decide which ones to bet on.
- Study an editorial line in the preparation of our future titles.
The answer to the questions you are looking for in AdWords will provide you with the list of keywords to use in the drafting of each SEO friendly article and will give you an indication of the target users you can reach.
The more the keywords will be chosen wisely, the greater the chances of showing your pages to the public you want, turning each visit into a potential customer.
To teach you how to properly use the Keyword Planning Tool we have prepared specific lessons that you will find within the SEO Course.
Content is the King!
The quality of the content is the key to the success of every article that wants to optimize its SEO.
The elements to consider when writing an SEO Friendly Article are different:
In order for your page to be noted, some text is needed.
Plugins to manage SEO often recommend a minimum of 300 words. It is a little.
Listening to the words of the same Google experts, it is recommended to use at least 1000 words for each page: a long article is presumably more useful and explanatory than 5 lines of text …
When you have the list of keywords at hand, you must always keep in mind that each page must be designed to position only ONE.
If you use more, the spider will have more difficulty choosing which one to consider and, if there are other competing pages that are better indexed for the single words you used, they will be rewarded at the expense of yours.
The keyword you selected must be repeated several times.
It will have to appear at the top of the page (preferably in the very first paragraph), the others will have to be repeated naturally in the text.
Let us explain ourselves better: by naturally we mean that repetitions should not be forced.
No need to obsessively repeat the keyword, indeed!
In the event that the spider believes that there is an exaggeration in its occurrence, it will certainly penalize your page and consequently the entire site.
The title is the first thing the spider reads after the page URL.
The titles follow a hierarchical order, from the H1 which is the most important and the first visible (the only one that must be repeated only once), going up by numbering (H2, H3, H4 …) for subtitles.
It is therefore essential that the keyword is present within the H1 and that the subsequent titles refer to the same topic.
The titles of different sizes use them to create sub-paragraphs of the main title.
In the case of this article:
- H1: How to write SEO Friendly Articles
- H2: Keyword, Content, Meta Tags …
- H3: Quantity, Uniqueness, Repetitiveness, Titration …
The writing of the keyword was once fundamental, so care must be taken to respect the exact sequence of the words.
In the case of this article, you can see how the SEO Friendly Articles combination was repeated exactly like this: a title like SEO Friendly Site? The secret is in the Articles! , would have been less effective.
Today, thanks to continuous improvements in the Google algorithm, it is no longer so essential, and the search engine still manages to identify the content of an article even if the precise order is not respected.
If you are interested in exploring the topic of writing, we suggest you read an article that explains how to write a Blog post: it will tell you how to provide your users with the quality sought after by Google in terms of content.
3. Meta Tags
The Meta tags provide a description of a web page; thanks to them we communicate to search engines what our page is about.
Their insertion determines the snippet, ie what the user will see when searching on the net.
The Meta Tags to be inserted are:
- Title: is what defines the general content of the page and is what will appear in the browser toolbar, or when adding a page to favorites. When you establish it, try to make it a meaningful sentence, which is attractive to users, and which contains the keyword you want to index.
- Description: it is the description of the content, it will help the user to understand instantly if an article is interesting or not. Also, in this case, he will have to entice you to click, your promise to navigators must be, the answer to a question. The important thing is to keep what you keep, so make sure you write a description that actually reflects the content of the post.
- Keyword: define the keywords related to the content of the page. However, search engines consider this parameter much less than in the past; now the insertion is done inside the SEO plugins, to verify the effectiveness of the page settings.
The plugin we are talking about here is Yoast SEO, the most complete solution for WordPress. Thanks to him it is possible:
- Generate the sitemaps of all the pages of our site by communicating to the engines the organization of our contents and facilitating the scanning of the spiders.
- Enter the title and description for each page observing the preview of the snippet in real time. The two values , in fact, have pre-established dimensions that it is better to keep to avoid truncated sentences or concepts that do not end. Displaying how our pages will appear in the SERP also gives us the level of appeal compared to the competition.
- Configure the permalinks, so that you can generate friendly URLs.
- Enter the keyword you decided to bet on and figure out what aspects to improve with clear suggestions as shown in the figure below.
- Much more like the management of index, follow, canonical, etc. attributes
In the new versions of the plugin, additional features such as readability analysis have been added, which helps to make a text easier for your visitors to consult.
As we mentioned before, spiders scan the network for texts. But how do they behave with images?
Software is not able to recognize the subject of an image (not yet effectively at least) but, thanks to metadata, we can let search engines know what it is talking about.
First, you need to work on the file name, naming each image that will be present on the page with the combination of your keywords.
However, if the images are many, it is advisable to insert some variations, which makes the complex more “harmonious”.
Next, we have to manually enter the alt and title attributes that will provide Google with the description of each of our images.
Even if it seems a subject of secondary importance, I can assure you that search engines hold it in high regard, so much so that on Google it is also possible to perform a search exclusively through images.
The results that appear are the result of the alt and title attributes that have been inserted by those who published them.
Another factor to consider in order to obtain positive judgments from search engines is the weight of the images.
The faster a page is, the more it is rewarded by search engines.
When you have a good number of pages available, it is always good to try to build a link building strategy.
Basically, it is about creating internal links between your page.
Since we have emphasized the importance of choosing a single keyword for each article, it is good that the topic in question is unique.
Too many digressions are not useful to the user, but it can be very useful to invite him to read other posts.
In this way, the reader is offered quality: by reading a post he will have all the necessary references to fully understand a given topic.
Links to related articles will help him to have a broader view of the context in which that article is written.
Exactly with this logic, I invite you to read the post on cornerstone content, a technique (also recommended by Yoast SEO), which will help you build a web of internal links on your blog.
Search engines appreciate this kind of logic: a page that refers to other content (even external to the site in question), is certainly a page that will be more valid because it creates relevant connections.
To facilitate this task it is also good to organize the internal contents neatly, using categories and tags.
Thanks to the setting of these parameters your site will take on a logical structure that will help the correct positioning of each page.
6. Social and Comments
The positioning of an article is also determined by the level of interaction that the page is able to generate.
Try to think of Google as a person: if a page receives many shares or comments, it means that users find it useful or, at least, find it worthy of attention.
The obvious consequence is that Google will have another parameter to reward your link and make it climb the SERP rankings.
So don’t forget the comments on the articles.
At the bottom of each post leaves the form enabled to share the opinions that users will want to leave you.
It will be a good opportunity to highlight your competence in solving a given problem.
A user who finds the answer to a question is a user who will indirectly help your articles to be more SEO Friendly.
If the contents prove to be useful for your users, you should also consider making them viral.
This is why it is essential to insert social plugins so that your texts can be disseminated online.
Times change, knowledge increases, topics must be updated.
To make it clear to Google that you are writing articles in an SEO perspective, it is useful to update them from time to time, implementing them and providing some clarification on aspects that may have been clarified.
In this sense, user comments can be very useful to understand if the article has some gaps or if it needs to be improved.
Search engines appreciate that content is always fresh, so a site that offers implementations on certain topics and consistency in the publication of original content, will be rewarded as a whole and all written articles will benefit.
All the steps listed above will be even more effective if you have the chance to improve them.
In this regard, it is very useful to have software that allows the tracking and analysis of data, and tools that determine the health of our site.
There are two that you will need to use:
- Google Analytics: you will know all of your users, what they like, how they behave, who they are. Analytics will collect all the necessary information for you, providing you with data and statistics on everything. It will then be up to your ability to be able to interpret the data received in order to write SEO Friendly Articles better than the previous ones.
- Google Search Console: will allow your site to index on all search engines and Google will monitor it in all its aspects in order to provide you with the weapons needed to keep him and his posts healthy.
With this article, we have given you all the tools you need to write SEO Friendly Articles. Apply our tips to your posts, you will quickly appreciate the improvements.